Nationally and Internationally Accredited Training
Certificate IV in Weight Management Course Breakdown
There are 11 units of competency in this course;
- NAT10859001 Work effectively in the weight management industry
- NAT10859002 Apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management
- NAT10859003 Develop meal plans in consultation with client
- NAT10859004 Make exercise recommendations for weight management in consultation with clients
- NAT10859005 Undertake initial weight management consultations
- NAT10859006 Undertake regular weight management consultations
- NAT10859007 Design, plan and deliver weight management clinics for groups
- NAT10859008 Work collaboratively with networks
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBSMB403 Market the Small Business
A detailed breakdown of lessons and course content is available upon request. Note: this accredited course requires the inclusion of the following superseded units; BSBCMM401, BSBCUS402 & BSBSMB403.
The 10859NAT Certificate IV in Weight Management provides a holistic approach to weight management covering psychology and behaviour change, nutritional science and meal planning, and exercise science and programming. It incorporates latest scientific principles and research to enable graduates to develop individualised weight management programs for clients, based on their individual needs.
Graduates will be able to provide a range of programs and services including an understanding of psychology and the effect on behaviour, provision of appropriate meal plans and recommendation of exercise to create a weight management plan to achieve the adolescents’ (13 – 17) and adults’ (18+) weight management goals.
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge to be competent in a range of activities and functions within the weight management industry in a broad range of settings, including (where required for high risk clients) working collaboratively with appropriate medical and allied health professionals to help motivate and mentor adolescents 13 – 17 or adults 18+ to achieve their weight management goals.
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to perform the following functions associated with the weight management industry:
- Weight Management Practitioner
- Nutritionist (See our FAQ page for further details)
- Nutrition Advisor
- Weight Loss Consultant
- Motivational Weight Management Coach
- Wellness Coach
- Health Coach
General education outcomes
This course is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- Conducting individual and group consultations for the first time and over a period of time
- Nutritional principles and meal planning to meet individual needs for weight management outcomes
- Basic physiology and anatomy
- Presentation skills
- Assessing client needs
- Analysing mindset and the effect on behaviour modification
- Networking and working alongside appropriate medical and allied health care practitioners
This course is intended to provide participants with the following skills and knowledge to contribute to community outcomes such as:
- Consideration to the increasing prevalence of overweight and obesity
- Creating a community awareness of the long term benefits of weight management
- Improved community health
- Reducing the cost of, and impact on, healthcare associated with obesity and weight related health issues
- Improving workplace productivity and reducing associated costs with employee sick leave
Entrants to the qualification must:
- have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets.
- have access to the internet (whilst all of the learning materials can be downloaded via pdf, internet access would be required to download the documents and to upload assessments).
Studying online is a cost effective way to study compared to traditional face to face methods. The flexible delivery allows you to keep working while you study and removes a lot of other costs involved.
- Save on transit costs
- No more extravagant parking fees
- Study when you what, where you want
- Affordable – student payment plan options are available
Pay a larger deposit and receive great savings.
Take advantage of our interest free payment plans starting from just $50 per week. This method of payment allows you to start your studies today and pay as you go, so you can get where you want to be sooner. Our Career Advisors are available to help you decide on the most suitable payment option depending on your budget. They can even tailor the payment plan to help you pay it quicker. Call them on 1300 969 367 to discuss your payment options.
At the Australian College of Weight Management we want to see you succeed and are here to support you all the way. All of our courses include personalised Tutor support, which means you will be allocated a Tutor when you enrol and they will be your direct point of contact if you need any help or support throughout your studies.
It’s all part of the service:
- Tutor Access – with a guaranteed 24 hour response (weekdays)
- Access to the Student Support Team (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday AEST)
- Assignments are marked and returned within 10 working days
- A welcome call from our Education Team who will be helping you
- The opportunity for a scheduled phone call from your Tutor whenever you have questions you would like to discuss
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry form by clicking the button below and a Careers Advisor will contact you with the details you need.
Our courses have been developed in response to industry demand and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills. Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks and real-world exercises are used throughout the program. Through our online qualification you can:
- Start a new career in the weight management industry as a practitioner, consultant or coach in a variety of health and wellness areas
- Broaden your existing skills or knowledge so you can provide a holistic service to your clients
- Add a new service to your existing health or wellness business
If you are considering entering the weight management industry, here are 5 great reasons why you definitely should:
1. A rewarding career choice
Helping your clients to achieve their goals and sharing in their life-changing journey is an amazing experience, and one which creates a fulfilling and rewarding career.
2. Make a difference – for life
Through a holistic education in weight management covering the principles of psychology, nutrition and exercise, you will be able to help clients make permanent and lasting lifestyle changes not just affecting their weight, but their life.
3. Keep informed about exciting research
Neuroscience, nutrigenomics and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique); these are just a few areas of exciting research taking place in the weight management industry.
4. Join a growth industry
IBISWorld reports have indicated a growth of over 14% in the demand for weight loss counselling services in just two years (2012-2014); it is estimated that nearly three-quarters of the Australian population will be overweight or obese by 2025, so this increased demand is set to continue.
5. It’s never too late
Over 60% of our students are over the age of 40 (we even have students in their 70’s!), so if you are looking to make a change to a rewarding career, now is the time.
The Australian College of Weight Management validates your credibility as a professional within the Weight Management Industry as well as with your clients through our certification.
As well as providing you with a quality education based on a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach to weight management, your qualification is a great marketing tool to help you build your business and attract clients.
We are committed to providing the best level of student support and administration available. Throughout your course you are provided with the support of a full time education team by telephone, email or in person.
The Australian College of Weight Management undertakes competency based assessment; there are no exams. This approach means that our students can’t receive a “fail” mark on their assignments. If an assignment is not satisfactory, the student is able to reattempt the assignment with the support of the education team and their tutor where needed. Competency Based Learning means that we train our students to be competent rather than producing graduates that are simply able to pass tests or examinations.
How else will I benefit from studying with the Australian College of Weight Management?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.